|kinggkong||Date: Wednesday, 2011-12-28, 11:22 PM | Message # 1|
|How To Install BackTrack 5 Using USB |
1. Download unetbootin which is used to boot BackTrack through USB. UNetbootin can create a bootable Live USB drive, or it can make a "frugal install" on your local hard disk if you don't have a USB drive.UNetbootin is used to boot Different flavours of Linux.
2. If using Windows, run the file, select an ISO file or a distribution to download, select a target drive (USB Drive or Hard Disk), then reboot once done. If your USB drive doesn't show up, reformat it as FAT32.
3. Now start UNetbootin and click on Diskimage and then select the path where BackTrack copy has been downloaded .
4. Select the USB drive and Hit OK .Now you have successfully installed BT5 on your pen drive .
5. Now you have to change your boot setting By default it will be hard disk or CD/DVD ROM .Change it to your removable disk or USB So it will first boot form your pen drive Or UNetbootin Boot Menu.
6. Prompt commands will be appeared then type “startx” to enter the GUI
7. Then it will ask for your username and password provide "username=root" "password=toor"
8. Click on “Backtrack.sh” to start the installation then select the language and click forward .
9. Select your location and time zone and click forward .
10. Then choose the option "Erase and use the entire disk" This will erase your previous operating system and will be installing BackTrack 5 .
Enjoy BackTrack 5